The Wake Forest Christian Honor Society was established to recognize, in a Christ-centered setting, outstanding high school students who are home schooled. More than just an honor roll, NHSHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Membership not only recognizes students for these accomplishments, but also challenges them to develop these qualities further by providing opportunities for leadership and service. Psi Omicron shall encourage the development of an intellectual climate that will stimulate the exchange of ideas and ideals, foster scholarship, and promote academic excellence. Psi Omicron shall also advocate home schooling as a viable and successful educational methodology and act as a liaison for home schooling to the general public, colleges/universities, and the media.
Statement of Faith
Wake Forest Christian Honor Society (WFCHS) is a Christian based honor society. WFCHS requires its advisors and members to initial their agreement with our Christian Statement of Faith (listed below).
WFCHS Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is God's written revelation to man and that it is verbally inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe in the personality and the deity of the Holy Spirit that He performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a Godly life.
- We believe that creation, as described in Genesis, was an act of God, and not the result of evolution.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. That alienation can be removed only by accepting through faith alone God's gift of salvation, which was made possible by Christ's death.